BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Thank you so much for choosing us to do your new tattoo!
Here are some general reminders for your upcoming tattoo appointment:
*Please eat a good hearty meal before you come.
*No alcohol consumption 24 hours prior to your appointment.
*Please get a good nights sleep the night before.
*Please make sure you have bathed and are clean before appointment, (especially if you are getting tattooed close to feet or armpits)
*Please do not apply any perfumes or scented body lotions (as we are very sensitive to smells).
*Wear clean loose fitting clothing.
*We are an 18 and up shop with the exception of minors being pierced with parental consent and presence. Please do not bring children or pets to your tattoo appointment as it is a liability risk.
*Bring snacks if needed. We have water and hot tea.
*Bring your ID with you and arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out your paperwork.
Parking/Appt Time/ Payment Methods:
*There are some limited free parking spaces on both sides of the building. There is a parking deck one block up. Metered street parking takes coins (or credit cards through the Passport Parking App.) We do not keep coins on site. Please come prepared.
*If you are more than 15 minutes late, unfortunately your appointment will be rescheduled (as it throws off the whole day of appointments after you), so please allow yourself enough travel/parking time. If you ‘no call no show’ OR give less than 24 hours notice your deposit will be forfeited. Deposits are good for 3 months.
*We accept both cash and all major credit cards. Please note: Zen Ink has a 4% cash discount incentive built into all pricing, so you are instantly saving when paying with cash! Any purchase made with a credit card will not receive the cash discount, and that difference will be added to the purchase. Use cash and save!
Be prepared! The tattoo will take approximately 3-4 weeks to completely heal. During this time, it is important to remember the following tips:
* Do not pick or scratch your new tattoo. This can cause permanent damage.
* Have clean towels and bed sheets available at home.
* Keep your tattoo out of the sun/tanning salons during the healing time.
* Do not let other people touch your tattoo during the healing process.
* Avoid soaking your tattoo in water. Showers are okay, but don’t go swimming or take baths.
* We make a trusted, all natural tattoo aftercare product that you may purchase to help with the healing of your tattoo. A small size is $5, medium is $10 and large is $15. Visit for more information.
* Heavy workouts with excessive sweating can irritate a new tattoo, so try to avoid extreme physical activity for the first few days. If you sweat excessively during the 3-4 week healing process, shower promptly following the activity to wash off the sweat and salt.
Don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions before or after your appointment.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
157 S. Lexington Ave, Suite D, Asheville NC, 28801